Dr. Garcia is a provider for both Vision plans and Medical insurances. To fully understand your coverage, our team will inquire about both to ensure you maximize your benefits.
Below, we have answered some frequently asked questions about insurance coverage.
- Provides benefits for routine eye exams, including a wellness checkup and a prescription for glasses.
- Vision plans are elective coverage; common providers are VSP, Community Eye Care and Spectera, to name a few.
- Many major carriers also have material benefits for optical products, including glasses or contact lenses.
- If you have benefits toward contact lens exams, you may have additional copays through your vision plan.
- The diagnosis and treatment of certain eye diseases may NOT be covered under your vision plan.
- Major medical providers such as Medicare and BCBS provide coverage for eye conditions that may not be covered by your vision plan such as floaters, cataract, glaucoma, red eyes, dry eyes and allergies, to name a few.
- Medical insurances do not carry material benefits such as the purchase of glasses and contact lenses and do not cover elective contact lens exams.
- By law, we cannot charge both vision and medical insurances on the same day. However, we can schedule options that are convenient to you so you may minimize your out-of-pocket expenses.
Currently accepted Vision Plans and Medical Insurance
- Community Eye Care
- United Healthcare
Our top priority is to ensure our patients a lifetime of clear vision and healthy eyes. All eye care services for glasses, contact lenses, optical products and vision-related medical problems are made affordable through our wellness packages.
Our team wants to ensure your visit is as stress-free as possible. Please contact us before your visit so we may review your insurance and provide a clear explanation of your benefits. Out-of-pocket costs such as copays, deductibles and non-covered services will be collected during the time of your visit.